One of the aspects of our hyper-connected world is that media is everywhere. Stop and notice how many things you interact with every day where music is a part of the experience:
- Turn on your phone and a musical icon is played as it powers up
- receive a call and a ringtone is played
- play any video game and hear music used throughout the game
- watch a Youtube video and see a pre-roll video ad – with catchy music accompanying the ad,
- tune in on any of the hundreds of cable TV shows and hear music in their opening theme, commercial breaks, segues from scene to scene, closing credits, and all through the show to enhance the mood of the scenes unfolding.
The reason that music is used in so many experiences like this is that music = emotion. If you want to connect with people on an emotional level Continue reading